I’ve located a solution, thanks to a parts shop in Slovakia. The part is Hose for SodaStream Spirit – metal. Although the part’s title doesn’t explicitly say it works on the Soda Stream Source, I can verify that it does. (See images and installation notes below.) The same store also has a presence on eBay. Their handle is
I purchased the replacement hose from their eBay store, not their online store, called 3Ddesign. I paid about $20, which included shipping and tax from Slovakia to NYC. The hose arrived in less than two weeks. The part was listed on eBay as Hose for SodaStream Spirit/Easy, and they only listed one. They make other Soda Stream parts, so it may be a good idea to follow them.
Although their eBay shop doesn’t sell the hose any more, it is available from their online store as Hose for SodaStream Spirit – metal. They also sell a black plastic version that’s identical to the original part, complete with plastic nuts, for the Spirit, which should, in theory, work in the Source model, also.
- This replacement hose’s inner diameter is wider by maybe 50%.
- This hose is clear, not black.
- This hose is terminated with metal nuts at both ends, not plastic.
- This hose’s length is 15cm, exactly like the original.
- This hose is made of a very, very strong rubber, akin to the original hose. You’ll encounter some trouble as you bend the hose while routing it in place during the installation process.